Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to you?

Nothing lucky has ever happened to me, not a single thing.
Plenty of good things have happened to me, unexpected things, happy things, surprisingly great things, but nothing "lucky". Luck is very subjective, an excuse people use, a way of trivializing things that happen to others, and a general waste of my time.
I have often been told by a friend how lucky I am to have met my husband when I was young. Which makes me wonder, why should luck get the credit? By her own rationale she must then be unlucky, as she has yet to meet anyone. I want to know why that makes her unlucky? Couldn't it be that her life is just following a different trajectory and there is actually nothing unlucky about it? In fact couldn't her life be just as "grand" as mine, only in its own way?
If she could accept her life for what it is and stop wishing it were something else, I think she would find herself just as "lucky" as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment