Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 14: Have you faced your fears and overcome them?

I'm not even going to mention who asked this guest prompt.  
My sister put it aptly enough in her post title.

Yes, I have faced a lot of fears.  I feel to some degree yes, I have overcome.  Or maybe it's a constant work in progress -- overcoming. I won't stop overcoming until the day I die. By no means am I saying I have it all together.  No way. 

More than anything, one thing I've thought much about recently is fear itself.  And what a prison fear seems to become.  We become entrenched in fear, and it seems nothing will pull us out at times.



I can look back on my life, and I realize that fear has been a huge force, fear has at different times ruled my life.
But again, when I've faced fear, I've now learned, it has the opposite effect than I expected, I expected to be shamed, shunned, and cast out, instead, facing it brought freedom, and shed light into my life.  I'm actually a new person, because of facing my fears. I know who I am. Facing it made all the difference.

I urge people to face fears, head on.  I know, believe you me,  I know, yes it is scary, for sure.  But being scared, just even for a little while, is not worth missing out on freedom, or life, or somebody in life.

Step out... come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment